Friday, June 5, 2009

My Sick Baby :(

Ohhhh where do I start? This has been a pretty tuff week!... Loni Collin and Cy left to Hawaii Saturday morning, Sunday night cy was very sick so they had to take him to the ER in Kauai'i he had a bad fever and was having struggles breathing. The doctors there diagnosed him with pneumonia, so they gave him some antibiotics to take to help him breathe better and feel better. Cy was strong and was himself for a day or 2 then Tuesday night he was having really bad breathing so they took him back into the hospital in Kauai'i, the nurses there said there isn't anymore they can do for him so they had to airlift Cy to the Childrens hospital on Oahu to get him stronger medication and Cy would get better care over there, and only one of Collin and Loni could go with him because the jet wasn't big enough for the both of them so Loni went with Cy by herself and Collin flew to Oahu the next morning to be with them, that would have been so hard for me. Wednesday they found out Cy was going to have to have surgery to drain all the liquid that was in his lungs and attacking his poor little lungs. So Wednesday Cy had his surgery and it was a great success, he's breathing better and can talk now but is still constantly coughing :( He's been such a brave boy and i'm so proud of him!! The nurses said they can't believe how good he is! He doesn't pull at any of the many tubes hooked to his body and doesn't try to take out any of the 3 IVs he has in him! He just lays there and watches TV and smiles and is just such a good boy!! Loni Collin and Cy have all been soldiers through all of this especially with loni being over 5 months pregnant, I miss them so much and wish they could come home but the nurses said Cy isn't allowed to travel home until he is FULLY RECOVERED! :( And were not positive when that will be. This has been so hard being away from him while he's been going through this because I love him like my own, he's my little boy!! So everyone just please pray for Loni Collin and Cy! :) Were so happy he's improving right now. Here are a lot of pictures of Cy throughout his sickness, when Loni sent me these they just broke my heart and I was in tears, he's the sweetest thing ever!


First trip to the hospital: Sunday Night
Monday or Tuesday, not sure which day they thought he was okay
But he wasn't :( Tuesday night before getting airlifted to Oahu


His carseat had to be strapped to the stretchboard :( He's so sweet!


Getting put into the jet to go to Oahu

On the jet to Oahu :( He's such a good boy! This is a heartbreaking picture :(
Arriving in Oahu at the Childrens Hospital

After his surgery trying to say "Cheese" For mommy

He says "Look at my fingo"

Laying there being a good boy watching TV!

14 comments:

Jobi Niu said...

Oh My goodness! That brought tears to my eyes! I can't imagine, poor thing.. he's SOOOO sweet! We'll for sure pray for them. GET BETTER CY

jamieb said...

I can't believe this. Thank you for helping us keep informed. Please let us know anything you hear. We will keep all of them in our prayers. And, please, if you talk to them, let them know we love them all!

Kassie said...

Hi Lashelle, glad to hear he's doin ok! :( Poor little guy! Send our love to Loni and Collin and especially that little one! Breaks my heart to see babies sick!! Also tell your parents hello and we love them!

jayni & ben said...

Oh my gosh this is so sad. I was holding back tears :( I would die if that was one of my babies(jett or B)

Natalie said...

HOW SAD, what a sweet boy.
Loni we are praying for you and your family.
Keep us updated.

weasel said...

He is so sweet - even smiling while he is in the hsp, but most kids are pretty resilaint and don't understand what's going on....for him it's probably a new exciting experience! I'm so glad he is getting better and they will definately be in our prayers...we are fasting tonight...so I'll make sure to do a special fast for him! Thanks for the update Lachelle!

Rachel said...

OH my goodness poor guy. Man we will for sure pray for him. What a sweet lil spirit he has. Im glad he is on his way to recovery stay strong and if there is ANYTHING that you need or that I can help with let me know. Love you all.

Jon and Tasha Fam said...

This was so sad!! we felt so bad for Cy, he tried so hard to have a good time when we saw him. He is such a good boy, we love him SO much!!! It was bitter sweet, we had fun in hawaii, but it wasn"t the same without Loni, Collin and CY!!! Get well soon CY we love you!!

Whitney, Greg and Kaya said...

I'm so sorry! You are all in our prayers! xoxoxox

Jeanine said...

Get better soon Cy!!! Our prayers are with you, and the whole Hayward family. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you guys, so keep us updated.

Sunny said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea! I'm so sorry that this has happened to him! That's the absolute worst when your kids are sick. Please keep us updated, we'll keep baby Cy in our prayers!
Sunny

Kayla R. said...

i seriously wanna cry! send our LOVE!! our prayers are with him!!

Legacy said...

I feel so late :( i just finished reading this and I HOPE he's ok!! i dunno what the update is but i lover your family and baby cy's the cutest baby every!!! (ok its a tie with gabriel but that's cuz im biast.) i lover you lachelle! tell loni collin and cy i said hi if you get the chance!

Carola said...

Thank you so much for keeping us posted...poor little guy! I can't imagine what they are going through. We'll be praying for them for sure!